July 21, 2010

Peanut Butter-filled Chocolate Cupcakes

Yesterday baking was this cupcakes.
In my mind, I was thinking to bake Lapis Surabaya,wajik, or biji salak. All are Indonesian desserts, which I love so much and another options is MACARONS,for 2nd trial to fulfill my KBB task.
But at the end, I baked this cupcakes, as I cant resist the combination between chocolate and peanut butter.




Martha Stewart's Cupcakes book,is the source of this drooling. I got this book while my hubby went to LA last May. Thanks to Amazon who delivered it in a day, and thank to my sister who helped me passed those books to my hubby.

Here, in Panama, well ya there is around 3 bookstores, but they are not so complete compare to bookstore in USA,and mostly all in Spanish.

Ok, back to my cupcakes.

For peanut butter lover, this is worth to try, after a little mess happened while putting the batter to the tin. My daughter cant resist to take one after it out from the oven.



This recipe only makes 12, and I made 14, that is why if you notice at the 1st row, 4 of those cupcakes are looks sink and not too chocolate as I guess I dropped less chocolate batter.

So lets bake,

Makes 12

2\3 cup all- purpose flour
1\2 tsp baking powder
1\4 tsp salt
1\2 cup (1stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces.
4 ounces semisweet chocolate,coarsely chopped
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate,coarsely chopped
1\4 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
2 tsp pure vanilla extract

Peanut Butter Filling
recipe for Peanut Butter Filling
for 12 cupcakes

4 tbsp (1\2 stick) unsalted butter,melted
1\2 cup confectioners sugar, sifted
3\4cup smooth peanut butter
1\4 tsp salt
1\2 tsp pure vanilla extract.

Stir together all ingredients until smooth. Use immediately.



Method:

1.Preheat oven to 325F. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Put butter and chocolates in a heatproof bowl set over(not in) a pan of simmering water, stir until melted. Remove from heat, and let cool slightly.

2. Whisk granulated sugar into cooled chocolate mixture. Add eggs, and whisk until mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla. Add flour mixture, stir until well incorporated.

3. Spoon 2 tbsp chocolate batter into each lined cup, followed by 1 tbsp peanut butter filling. Repeat with another tablespoon of batter, and top with 1 tbsp filling. Swirl top of cupcake batter and filling with a wooden skewer or toothpick.

4. Bake, rotating tin halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in centers comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached, about 40 minutes. Transfer tin to a wire rack to cool completely before removing cupcakes. Cupcakes can be stored up to 3 days at room temperature in airtight containers.

The fact:

1. This is the 2nd day I enjoy this cupcakes. And I feel its like a brownies. I prefer the taste today to last night when it fresh from the oven..
2. Do not forget, we dont need mixer to make this cupcakes.
3. Its says and its the fact
An abundance of creamy peanut-butter filling tenders these cupcakes extra rich and irresistible. The batter and filling-each whisked together by hand-are layered then swirled to create the marbleized pattern on top.

page 118,Martha Stewart's Cupcakes book.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin