April 8, 2010

Lemon Chiffon Cake

I Love Chiffon Cake..
My mom has a special name for Chiffon Cake, she always called it as a Kue Jepang/Japanese Cake. She usually make Pandan Chiffon Cake which is always super soft, a very sweet treat for snack time or breakfast with a cup of tea.


For this month Daring Baking task,we have to bake a Chiffon Cake which we can choose the source of recipe.And to complete the task,I had to bake for 3 times, 1st for the Pandan Chiffon which the result is unsatisfying. And frankly, many times before the task, I did bake this chiffon but only get 1 time success happy result, and the rest... the cake sank down,:).
So I tried to browse to other recipe from internet, and found Lemon Chiffon Cake. Did try, and still not a success one, but with this recipe, I knew that I made a mistake while whisking the egg white.

And finally, the 3rd one, the one that I submitted to complete my KBB task.
THis Lemon Chiffon Cake I got from Martha Steward website, and the result no doubt.
Try this one.

Recipe
Source: Martha Stewart

For tube mold diameter 7 inch. - I used diameter 19cm

3/4 cup cake flour- I used 1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup + 1 tbsp sugar
3 eggs, separated
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup water
2 tbsp freshly grated lemon zest
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanila extract
1/4 tsp cream tar-tar
Confectioner´s sugar for dusting..( I skip this one)


Method

1. heat oven 325F, ungreased 7inch tube pan
2. In a medium bowl,sift flour, baking soda & salt, and 3/4 cup granulated sugar. Set aside
3. In a large bowl, whisk egg yolk, vegetable oil, 1/3 cup water, lemon juice, zest & vanilla extract. Add reserved dry ingredients, beat until smooth.
4.In the other bowl, beat egg white on medium speed until foamy. Add cream tar-tar , beat on high speed until soft peak form for 1 minute.
Gradually, add remaining 1tbsp of granulated sugar. Beat on high speed until stiff peak for 2 minutes.
5.Pour batter into pan. Using an offset spatula, smooth the top. Bake until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean and the cake is golden, about 45 minutes


6.Remove cake from oven; invert the pan over a glass soda bottle for 2 hours to cool. Turn cake right-side up. Run a table knife all the way down between cake and pan; invert again, and remove cake. Dust cake with confectioners’ sugar before serving.








2 comments:

Belzy said...

fon, elo pake loyang khusus chiffon yah? bawa dari indo kah?

Foni said...

iya bel, bawa dari indo:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin