April 20, 2010

Classic Cake-Pineapple Upside Down

I definitely gonna make this cake again.
Its easy and yummy..perfect for tea time.
This is my first attempt to make Pineapple Upside Down Cake.
A year ago,one of my neighbor asked me to make this cake, as she knows I love baking.
But, as I am not so pineapple lover, her request has to postpone until today:)
and her request inspired me to made her another cake which is the main ingredients is pineapple juice, and dropped some marascino cherries. That was a vegetarian cake,which I sent to her and some good friends to celebrate Divali Day last year.
If you want to try that recipe, please click this one.






My daughter with her favorite bee frock, I could see her tummy so big if she is full, and while typing this post, she´s enjoying my pineapple cake :)



Its so perfect to have this with a cup of tea..

ANd here is the recipe

PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
Source: BBC good food.
I used 18cm round cake tin

For TOPPING

50 gr softened butter
50 gr light brown sugar
7 pineapples rings in syrup, drained syrup and cherry

For CAKE

100GR Softened butter - I used 50gr, my mistake I thought 50 gr:) but the cake still fantastic
100 gr golden caster sugar
100 gr self raising flour - I used all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanila extract
2 eggs

Method:

Heat oven 180C
For topping:
Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Spread over the base & a quarter of the way up the sides of a 20-21cm round cake tin.
Arrange pineapple rings on top, then place cherry in the centre of the ring.

Place cake ingredients in a bowl along with 2 tbsp pineapple syrup
Using mixer, beat to a soft consistency. Spoon into a tin on top of pineapple & smooth it out so its level.

Bake 35 minutes. Leave to cool for 5 minutes to turn out into plate.
Serve warm with ice cream

Notes:
I did not use the pineapple in a can. So, what I did was, I used the normal pineapple, and core the middle side of pineapple to make a space for cherries.
And while making the cake, I did not put any additional sugar to replace the pineapple syrup.

I keep in a fridge,and before serve just keep it outside for awhile to make it softer...

Enjoy!!!








No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin