July 29, 2009

Bitter Gourd / Pare in the red sauce

Bitter Gourd/Kerala/ Pare,one of vegetables which is very rare for me to cook.
I started to cooked it when one of my friend,told me that she likes to stir fry bitter gourd with terasi/shrimp paste, so you wont feel the bitter taste from them.
And got another same response from another friend. Since that, I tried to eat them, to get benefits from bitter gourd,(click for wikipedia)




If you want meat inside, just drop whatever you feels wanna eat. Thats the art of cooking, isnt it? For me, to write in a blog is only to share an idea, the rest is depends on the other person whether to following completely or adjusted with the sense of the chef. We are all a chef in the house, arent we?

For this time, I didnt put any meat. I always use LEE KUM KEE CHILI GUILIN PASTE to get spicy flavour, and as chef was in the mood also to taste beans paste / Taoco)
,I dropped 1/2 tbsp only.

Complete recipe:
1 Medium bitter gourd, chopped,remove seeds.
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 onion, cut thin,lengthwise
2 tbsp LEE KUM KEE CHILI GUILIN PASTE
1/2 Tbsp Bean paste
1 tbsp tomato sauce
Water,
Salt, pepper,
Sugar or honey( optional, I used honey 1/2 tsp)
Cashew nuts( optional)
OIl

Heat oil, saute garlic, onion,Drop in chili paste, bean paste and stir in bitter gourd. Add little water, salt, pepper and sugar.

Serve hot, garnish with cashew nuts.

For 1 portion.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This recipe looks very different, but will surely try it. After knowing the health benefits of Bitter gourd i have starting loving it. Bitter gourd is rich in vitamin A, B1, B2 and c and contains minerals like calcium, phosphorous, iron, copper and potassium.

Bitter-Gourd

Belzy said...

Fon, pare dimasak gini beneran kagak kerasa pait yah fon? Gue da brapa kali mo masak pare, tapi takut laki gue ga doyan, abis kan pait.....Trus itu parenya elo cincang kasar, ato di iris2 gitu fon?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin