Wuhuuu Its DELICIOUS!!
Fresh from the oven, 30 minutes after that, I finished 2 of them...
Smell of cinnamon, the softness,the pumpkin taste..all blended together..
What a perfect snacks with my green tea.
ANd while chewing,cant stop thinking whether an additional topping of cream cheese icing or coffee just like ROti Boy ( famous brand of coffee bread in Jakarta),gonna be soooo perfect for them.
Actually its kinda crazy, I had my lunch 1.30 pm, baked this muffin at 3pm, and enjoyed 2 of them at 4pm...
Source: Gourmet Magazine through http:// smittenkitchen.com, with a little adjustment from my side.
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup canned pumpkin - I used 3/4 cup only fresh steamed pumpkin, mashed nicely(1/4 lagi buat sup si Bocah)
1/3 cup vegetable oil - I used canola oil
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice - I omit and used cinnamon instead
1 1/4 cup sugar + 1 tbsp sugar - I used 3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon powder
Additonal ingredients from my side : 1/4 tsp clove powder and 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
* Preheat oven 350 F
* Put liners in muffin cups
* Whisk together pumpkin, oil, sugar,eggs until smooth.
* In other bowl, shift flour,salt, cinnamon,baking powder and baking soda. ANd fold them into the liquid one. Mix until just combined.
* In other bowl, mix 1 tbsp sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon to sprinkle on the ready to bake batter.
* Pour to the muffin mold, 2/3 full then sprinkle with the mixture of cinnamon& sugar.
* Bake 25-30 minutes
For me , 3/4 cup sugar are perfect, cant imagine if i use 1 1/4 cups gonna be too sweet to eat, as pumpkin has their own sweetness.
ANd for the sprinkle top,thats the cool one... It seems abon sapi/The beef floss on top ahhaha. Really its remind me to ABOn Sapi Cap Ratu..oh boy, wish I could get some package of them,hik....
I love it... Hope you all gonna enjoy this recipe as I do.
This is for 12 standard muffins, and 6 mini for my kid..