July 2, 2008

Carrot Ka Halwa / Carrot Pudding

Halwa is a dessert made from various kinds of fruits, vegetables, grains and lentils. The ingrdients in Halwa are grated finely and fried in ghee and sugar. Nuts and milk may also be added. Halwas have the consistency of a very thick pudding.




First time I had this halwa when I was visiting my hubby´s auntie in India. She served this halwa as a dessert. Its very tasty and a bit surprised for me to knew that this sweet dish is from carrots.

Here is my carrot ka halwa. I made in a little portion.

2 carrots, grated.
1 cup milk
1 cardamom -crushed
9 tsp sugar
1 tsp butter/oil
Chopped nuts for garnish.

In a pan,pour milk & Carrot. Make them boil then put sugar and cardamom. And stir them,put inside the butter,and keep stirring until milk is dry but not burnt. It takes around 20 minutes.
Transfer to a dish, keep in a fridge. I prefer to have it cold, and put chopped almond,or pistachios while serving.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin