September 16, 2008

KBB/Baking Competition-Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake



I bought this magazine almost a year ago while visiting my sister in Boston. Theres 351 the best,most-requested recipes inside,and all from family´s recipes favorites for Christmas. Frankly,this is the first time for me to make something from this magazine,at last after many times reading,enjoying all the photos inside, too many things nice to try until confused me which one for the starter, and finally decided to try this cake specially for my KBB task.




I am happy with the result. It has 3 layers eventhough it wasnt clear layers, when you eat then you could feel, 1st layer is the biskuit from the crumbs,2nd one is the cream cheese with the jam and the3rd one is the cake.
Its perfect for my family, only a bit wondering why it called Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake, when theres no flavour of coffee?


And as its 1st KBB birthday, I would like to say happy birthday to KBB. So proud to be a member, I gain lots of knowledge, knowing & baking something new, its fun...totally another excitement for me.

Once again,Happy birthday KBB, this is my cake for KBB-bers......:)



Source: Taste of Home Magazine,Best Holiday Recipes 2007

Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake

2-1/4 cups all purpose flour ( I used 1 1/4)

3/4 cup sugar ( I used 1/2 cup)

3/4 cup cold butter ( I used 150gr butter)

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt ( I used 1/4)

3/4 cup sour cream ( I used 1/2 cup)

1 egg,beaten

1-1/2 tsp almond extract

Filling:

1 package(8 ounces)cream cheese,softened ( I used half)

1/2 cup sugar ( I used 1/4)

1 egg

1/2 cup raspberry jam ( I used 4 tbsp)

1/2 cup slivered almonds (almond entero crushed)

Method:

1. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Remove 1 cup and set aside. To remaining crumbs, add baking powder,baking soda,salt, sour cream, egg and almond extract, mix well. Spread in the bottom and 2.in up the sides of a greased 9.in.springform pan.

2. For filling,combine the cream cheese, sugar and egg in a small mixing bowl: beat well. Spoon over batter. Top with raspberry jam, sprinkle with almonds and reserved crumb mixture.

3. Bake at 350F for 55-60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of the pan. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator.

Note: I used 6 inch mold, bake for 1 1/2 hours,and for the upper crumb,i used only 1/2 cup.


5 comments:

Elsye said...

cakepppp Fon..kapan2 gue coba ahhh..:D

A. Ann said...

Iya, ngkirain ada kopinya..anyway mantep banget nih Fon..;-)

Dwiana P said...

cream cheese coffee cake udah dari dulu pengen gw bikin tapi gk pernah kesampaian terus euy:(

gw lagi bt ama lappy nih. crash:( baru selesai di restore jadi kudu cari2 foto lagi di external hard drive. mau posting males banget males cari fotonya:(

btw, kbb theme warnawarni itu kudu bikin makanan yg berwarna warni gitu?

Retno Prihadana said...

Dooh siip banget, mau juga nyicip :D.
Lagi cari ide juga niy buat baking apa yah.

Unknown said...

canggih banget fon!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin