May 13, 2009

When Lemon Poppy Seed Cake become a Keylime, Golden raisins & choc.chips cake...

I baked this cake a week ago.
It was a nice cake. Its soft, remind me of my mom marble cake.
I omit the poppy seed and drops golden raisins and chocolate chips instead.
And for lemon, as I dont have in the house, so I used only 1 small key lime..
Thats why I cant feel the taste of lemon :)
I guess I have to change the title into Key Lime Golden Raisins & Chocolate Chips Cake :)
But I love it. Great for breakfast and tea time....





Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
Source: Family Circle Magazine, Edition April 2009

Makes 16 servings
Bake at 350F in large pan for 65 minutes, or in smaller paper pans for 35 minutes.

This cake can be baked in a single large tube pan( I used my new,silicon Wilton tube pan) or in two smaller paper tube pans.


3cups all purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 small jar(1,25 ounces) poppy seeds
1 cup ( 2sticks) unsalted butter,softened ( I used 1 unsalted, 1 salted)
2cups sugar
4 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups milk, blended with 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (milk may curdle)- I used 1 small Key Lime juice
2 tsp grates fresh lemon peel ( I had to omit this one as my lime didnt work well while peeling...)

Heat oven.
Grease and flour a removable-bottome tube pan, or have two 7 7/8 x 2 3/8 inch paper tube pans ready.
In a medium size bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder , salt & poppy seeds. Set aside

IN a large bowl, beat butter& sugar until fluffy, 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, until incorporated and mixture is smooth. beat in vanilla.
Add half the flour mixture. then milk-lemon juice mixture. Beat on low speed until smooth. Add remaining flour mixture and beat until just blended.
Stir in lemon peel

TRansfer batter to pan(s.until top is dry and lightly browned.
cool cake in pan or wire racek for 15 minutes, then remove large cake from pan (if using)
Leave smaller cake in their paper pans. Cool compeletely

I removed my large cake from pan as said 15 minutes..and down part was break :) perhaps better next time no need to remove anything until cake totally cool.
Enjoy !!!







No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin